Sunday, July 28, 2013

I blinked and all of a sudden I had run 19 half marathons!

I decided to start a blog because I feel like I blinked and all of a sudden I had run 19 half marathons and two full marathons.  Granted a lot has happened between 2009 when I started running and now, but I can't say that I remember something specific about each race.  I also must admit that I tend to be under-trained, often throwing in a half marathon when I have not even been running beyond five miles on my weekly long runs.  I am at the point now where I actually want to improve my time and fitness level, rather than just winging it.  So here it is, the end of July and I am planning on running a half at the beginning of September.  It is time to get serious and train but digging out the medals that I have acquired so far is serving as great motivation. 

Half Marathon #2 - DC.  This race has since been acquired by the Rock and Roll series.

Half Marathon #4 - VA

Half Marathon #5 - IL

Half Marathon #7 - TX



Half Marathon #8 and Marathon #2 - The Goofy Challenge - FL

Half Marathon #9 - IL

Half Marathon #10 - IN

Half Marathon #11 - OH (and the 5k)



Half Marathon #12 - MO

Half Marathon #13 - FL

Half Marathon #14 - DC

Half Marathon #15 - IL

Half Marathon #16 - MO

Half Marathon #17 - IN

Half Marathon # 18 - IL

Half Marathon #19 - MO


I also have a tendency to run combinations of races for the additional medal(s).

Half Marathons #3 and 6 - Plus Maryland Double medal

My partner in crime for the 2010 Baltimore Half Marathon


Extra medals from Pacers for running various 5k's and 10k's

Rock and Roll Encore for running DC and St. Louis Rock and Roll in the same year